Feltiella acarisuga is a predatory midge. This species is highly specialist for feeding on spider mite. The larvae are a translucent to yellow-ish colour and feed exclusively on spider mites. This is a voracious predator which is best suited to curative control of established spidermite colonies.
- Curative treatment for established spider mites
- Each larvae can consume 30 spidermite adults or 80 eggs per day
- Actively searches pest in leaf canopy.
- Forms cocoons on leaves which are easily visible to help monitoring.
- Adult Feltiella searches out spider mite colonies and lays eggs.