Swirskiline biological control agent contains the predatory mite, Amblyseius swirskii. It is primarily used to control whiteflies and thrips but it will provide some reduction in other small pest species.
- Amblyseius swirskii breed extremely quickly under warm, humid conditions. They will also survive in cooler night temperatures and through winter months in semi-protected crops.
- Actively feeds on thrips larvae (larva stage 1 or L1).
- Actively feeds on whitefly eggs and can feed on young whitefly larva (L1).
- In the absence of prey, it can feed on pollen, allowing it to survive longer in the crop.
- Western Flower thrips
- Chili thrips
- Onion thrips
- Greenhouse whitefly
- Silverleaf/Potato whitefly