Hesperusline biological control agent contains the predatory bug, Dicyphus hesperus. Dicyphus hesperus is a generalist predatory bug that is primarily released for whitefly control, but will feed on other pests such as Thrips, moth eggs and mites. It is best to establish the Dicyphus population with the help of mullein plants.
- Dicyphus hesperus establishes best by using mullein plants as a banker system.
- Feeding Ephestia eggs (Bug Food E) will enhance the establishment of Dicyphus due to increased fecundity.
- All five Dicyphus nymph stages also predatory.
- Considered a generalist predator also feeding on mites, moth eggs and other pests.
- Takes 8 to 12 weeks to establish population.
- Thrips spp
- Moth eggs
- TSSM (Two Spotted Spider Mite)